Thursday, June 21, 2012

Baby Girl Bedroom

Hi there! The kids' rooms aren't completely finished, but they're getting there. We still have our youngest in a crib, and will keep her there as long as we can. To put it mildly, she is a wild thing and I really don't want to worry about her wandering around in the middle of the night. I can pretty much guess where she would be though: pilfering through the pantry for some snacks. So anyway, in her bedroom we have the crib and we recently purchased a twin bed for her room as well. Our new home only has 3 bedrooms, and when our family visits from out of state they tend to stay a while (we like it that way). So until we get the basement finished out, we put the king size bed in our oldest son's bedroom and guests will stay there while he has a slumber party in sissy's bedroom. It worked out really well when my parents were here for 3 weeks helping us move. So here are some pics of M's room.


I scored this antique dresser in the pic above at a resale shop for $40.00. I had plans to paint it, but I've decided to leave it in its original state. It is over 100 years old, and I can't bring myself to update it....some things are better left as is :)

 The only thing that is new in M's room is the twin mattress and boxsprings. Most eveyone knows I am a bargain hunter to the extreme, but I don't do used mattresses. I did however get the bedframe and wicker headboard at a garage sale for $5 total.
 The Jenny Lind crib is a hand-me-down from Clint's side of the family. I found the Pottery Barn crib bedding at a garage sale in Edmond, Ok for $3. It had never been used, and actually still had the tags on it.
 The Jenny Lind rocker was a garage sale find from my Mom, as was the wicker bookshelf.
I found the hot pink panels at Wal-mart for $12.99 each.
 The "artwork" above the crib are actuallly felt placemats from Bed Bath & Beyond for .99 a piece. I figure if the little monkey pulls them down, they will be pretty harmless!
 The button monogram was a project I did back in Oklahoma when visiting my parents. I would never get anything done like this at my house; hot glue and my 20 month old do not mix. And the kid never naps for more than 30 minutes, which is how long it takes for a shower....
 The alphabet behind the rocking chair is a vinyl cling from the Dollar Tree.

The milk glass mirror is a garage sale find from my mother that I love. The turquoise lampshades were a find from the Christmas Tree Shop for $5.99 each.

This bedroom was definitely done "on a dime". Here is the breakdown:

Twin Quilt: $3.00 - Garage Sale
Twin Headboard and frame: $5.00 - Garage Sale
Dresser: $40.00 - Resale Shop
Crib: Free - hand-me-down
Crib Artwork: $3.00 -  Bed Bath & Beyond
Crib Bedding (Pottery Barn) : $3.00 - Garage Sale
Window Panels: (4) at $12.99 ea - Wal-mart
Rocker: Free - Garage Sale
Wicker Bookcase: Free - Garage Sale

Grand total: $106.00



No comments:

Post a Comment