Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Master Bedroom

It has been busy, busy, BUSY around here. Our days have been filled with lots of unpacking, organizing and more of the same. And now we FINALLY have a room that is (somewhat) finished. And by finished, I mean the room is clear of boxes! Here is what the master bedroom looks like currently. I love the view from this room; it looks out onto farmland and the pond out front.






There were no window treatments whatsoever in this house when we moved in, and I decided to take the simple and clean approach. I chose plain white panels for most of the house. A bit boring perhaps, but I love them. We've had wooden blinds throughout two of our previous homes, and they're just not for me. Why, you ask? Too much dust. I hate to dust, so I am simplifying things. When these get dusty, throw them in the washing machine and problem solved. I also wanted to avoid obstructing the view from the windows; it's just too purty to cover up!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, MaryBeth!! I absolutely LOVE that turquoise desk!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, tiff. i found it as is at a neighbor's garage sale and she couldn't believe i was going to use it without refinishing it...i wouldn't dream of it :)

      Delete
  2. yay for a new post!!! I was beginning to give up on your blog :) Your bedroom looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, mon. can't wait for you to see it in person!

      Delete
  3. This is fabulous!!! You have such an eye for decorating, and I totally agree with your simplistic approach. You have little children!! Who wants to dust blinds when you can be doing fun things with them. We have blinds on all our windows, and after seeing yours here, I am thinking I'm going to throw them all out. I really am inspired by your work here, so keep it comin'!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! i'll post more pics as progress allows :)

      Delete