Tuesday, August 14, 2012

China Hutch Tweaking

So I discovered something about myself; I do not like cabinetry/furniture with glass doors. I always thought I wanted to display our wedding china in a china hutch, but turns out I did not. I've been looking for a hutch for several years, but honestly never had a very good spot for something that size in any of our previous homes. So this past summer I found an antique china hutch at...you guessed it, a garage sale for $125. It was a great price for the piece because it is in near perfect condition. Didn't stop me from trying to talk the lady down, but she was firm on the price so ya know, you win some you lose some. Anyway, we have the perfect place for the hutch in our kitchen so I was really excited to get it all set up and display our beautiful china. Wellllllllllllllll, I changed my mind. Shocking, I know. I just don't like the clutter I guess. So here is what I did to remedy that problem:

I found this modern print wrapper paper at Target. It is a brown and white graphic and I really like how it added some clean visual interest to the hutch.
I initially had plans to paint this piece, but honestly it is in such good condition I couldn't bring myself to do it. In fact, it is almost the identical color of the kitchen cabinetry so for now it will stay like this. My Dad even said he thought it tied the whole remodel together :) Thanks, Dad.


These plates are fine here for now, but I'm kinda looking forward to getting out the fall decor in a few weeks.


So total cost to revamp the hutch was three dollars and some change. And when I get tired of it, remove the tape and the paper and try something else. Alright, time to get outside and enjoy this absolutely gorgeous day! I was beginning to feel like we were in London instead of Indiana....


No comments:

Post a Comment