Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rainy Saturday Success

Happy Saturday to ya! It's been a wet and rainy morning here in Indiana, but we have made the most of it. I was tempted to stay at home in my jammies all morning, but there were a few moving sales I wanted to hit. Garage sales have been on the back burner all summer, trumped by the home renovations. But we're FINALLY getting past all the major projects and are starting to have some free time. Can I get a Halleluia?! I loaded up my wild child while the hubs stayed at home building a sandbox with my little engineer in the making. For those of you have ridden in the car with the monkey, you understand why I'm always skiddish to take her anywhere. Just this past week, I was running errands with the kids and she got so mad in the carseat she threw up. She has done this more times than I can count, and I'm starting to think she really does get car sick. The girl has a temper to boot, but the only time she pukes is in the car, so perhaps there is something to it afterall. Anyway, I decided to take her with me and it actually went well. We hit a couple of garage sales that were a total bust, but on the way home I happened upon the motherload. That's what I love about garage sales, you never know what you're gonna get. Well here are some pics of what I got this morning: solid wood Amish made kids chairs, for $1 a piece. SCORE! :)


2 of the chairs are weathered like this one and 2 are in their original state. The weathered chairs were kept on a front porch for 7 years and the other 2 were kept indoors. I actually like that they are different colors; keeps things from being too matchy-matchy.


You can see in this pic what the original color of all 4 chairs was. I've put the table and chairs out in the sun room, and the kids are loving it. They even had their lunch at the table today; something I would have loved when I was a kid. It's like you're outside, but you don't have to worry about bugs in your food. Perfect combo.


The kids enjoyed some finger painting during the rain. I also found a new Wonder Color set, unopened, for .50 this morning. It was a jumbo set which I've seen for around $15 in the store. 

My oldest artist
My youngest artist

Considering I didn't get out and about til 10:30 this morning, I was pretty fortunate to find the chairs. Sometimes a rainy morning works out in your favor :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment