Friday, March 9, 2012

Found Love at Lowe's

Oh happy day, oh happy day! Don't you just love it when you stumble upon a bargain? My poor mother has had her eye on a specific rug for over a year at Lowe's, and has just never pulled the trigger. Well, today I'm picking up necessities at Lowe's with my two houligans  angels and thought I would breeze through the Rug Department and see if they might have anything on clearance. Now before I praise Lowe's, I have a little bone to pick with them. Have you noticed this tricky litttle yellow sticker on every other item that is disguised as a clearance sticker, but is really just a contractor price? Argh. The ups and downs of thinking I've found a beautiful light fixture for super cheap, only to be totally degratatated (shout out to Little Women) in realizing it's a 10% off for contracters. Hmmph. Whatever. Anyway, today was TOTALLY different. I'm flying down the aisle with two (happy) screaming kids driving those big blue racecars (thanks, Lowe's!), and what does my little eye spy? Actually I think my eyes looked a little more like this:

But anyway, you get the idea. It was LURVE at first sight.


I found this beauty for $103, originally priced at $253!! This is when I begin dancing in the aisle....meanwhile 4 year old is hiding his face. Heehee - I'm SO good at embarssing him already. Teenage years are gonna be FUN, ya'll. Back to rug. Isn't it beautiful?!? It's everything I could ever want in something I'm going to throw on the floor.

So I call my Mom (first person I call when I've scored a deal - hey, the lady has spent years priming me for pushing other ladies out of my way at garage sales. kidding. sort of.) and am telling her what a great price I got it for and she cuts me off, asking what the name of the rug is. San - "MARINO?!" She finishes for me. "YES" I say. How did you know? "ARGH. I've been looking at that for over a year, waiting for a deal. They're not on clearance at OUR Lowe's!" I offered to pick one up for her, but it's a bit bulky for a carry-on.....so, sorry Ma'.

Anyway, I LURVE the first second accessory I've purchased for our new home. The first was actually a way cool Spiderman picture my 4 year old picked out for his bedroom. I'll save that for another day.

Happy day to you all. Hope you've been finding some great bargains of your own!!

No comments:

Post a Comment